If you're looking for an automated time tracking tool that helps you understand how you spend your time, RescueTime has the potential to help you achieve your goals and stay productive, but it comes with some caveats.
Read on to find out if RescueTime's combination of free and paid tiers make it worth your money. (Hint: It depends!)
Why you should track your time
If you're not tracking your time, you're not getting an accurate picture of how you're spending your days. And if you don't know how you're spending your days, it's tough to make changes and improve your productivity. That's where RescueTime comes in.
RescueTime is a time-tracking app that runs in the background on your computer and mobile devices, tracking which apps and websites you use and for how long.
RescueTime vs. Toggl
If you're trying to decide between RescueTime and Toggl, it's important to consider cost. Toggl has a free plan, while RescueTime's cheapest plan is $9/month. However, both have paid plans that offer more features, so be sure to compare what each offers before making a decision.
How to setup your time tracking
There's no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the cost of Rescue Time will vary depending on your needs. However, there are a few general tips you can follow to help you get started.
Best times to save with RescueTime
If you're looking to cut down on your screen time, RescueTime can be a valuable tool. The app runs in the background of your device and tracks your activity, so you can get an accurate picture of how you're spending your time.
Here at RescueTime, we know that time is money. That's why we've created this handy infographic that will help you figure out the best times to save with RescueTime.
Whether you're trying to save money on your monthly bill or just want to make sure you're getting the most out of your time management tool, this infographic will give you all the info you need.
Top 10 ways to improve your efficiency
- Set goals for each day and week.
- Make a to-do list and prioritize your tasks.
- Use a time tracker to see where you're spending your time.
- Take breaks throughout the day to recharge.
- Create a system for tracking your progress.
- Set aside time each day for reflection and planning.
- Cut out distractions and focus on your work.
- Only check email two or three times a day.
- Spend more time on the important stuff, not less.
- For meetings, focus on purpose, outcomes and next steps.
Getting full value from RescueTime’s reports
If you’re not getting full value from your RescueTime reports, it might be because you’re not using them to their fullest potential.
Here are five ways to get more out of your RescueTime:
- RescueTime shows a lot of data.
- Setting context for your productivity data.
- How to use the reports dashboard.
- Reviewing Weekly, Daily, Category and Hourly Reports.
- Setting goals and alerts.
RescueTime is a powerful tool that shows you everything you need to know about how you’re spending your time.
Looking at employee performance with RescueTime
RescueTime is a time management software that helps you see where you're spending your time so you can make better decisions about how to use your time.
But how much does it cost?
The monthly cost is $9/month per user (so $18/month if you're using it on your own). The yearly cost is $72/year per user (so $144/year if you're using it on your own). This means that for every year of service, it will cost about as much as a fancy dinner out with a friend—and we think that's pretty good!
The cost of RescueTime depends on how many people will be using it and how often they'll be using it. For businesses, the cost is $5 per person per month. For individuals, the cost is $9 per month.
Where can I learn more about using RescueTime
If you want to learn more about using RescueTime, a good place to start is their website. On their website, you can find pricing information, as well as how-to guides and FAQs. You can also contact their customer support team if you have any questions.
The most important thing to know is that RescueTime is a monthly service, so you don't have to worry about paying for the software up front. You can start your free trial today and cancel at any time if you don't like it—there are no contracts or commitments involved.
The pricing structure is simple: $9/month for individuals and $15/month for teams. The difference between the two plans is that while individual plans apply to one person, team plans can be shared among several people who work together.
You'll also notice that there are two different types of teams: "collaborative" teams (which are designed to be used by multiple people who need to collaborate on their work) and "read" teams (which are designed for groups of people who need to read each other's tasks).
Rescue Time Pros
- Productivity monitoring software can help you get work done better.
- RescueTime is one of the top productivity tools that have emerged in recent years to help people make the most of their day.
- RescueTime comes with a free version and paid upgrade options.
- If you're planning on using RescueTime for your small business, there are a few things to keep in mind.
- If you're looking for another small business accounting solution, here are some options to consider that are similar to RescueTime.
- Rescue Time is a software that tracks your productivity level.
- Rescue Time can detect the hours you spend on productive and unproductive tasks.
- Rescue Time is available for both platforms, Mac and Windows.
- The app can also block distracting sites during working hours.
- There are also different plans offered with different prices.
Productivity monitoring software might be helpful but not necessarily wise to use in a business setting.
Rescue Time Cons
- Applies To Mac Users Only.
- Not Ideal for Android Devices.
- No Desktop Views.
- Not a Project Management Tool.
- Database Issues with Large Data Sets.
Since the beta release of RescueTime, the app has received a smaller number of negative reviews.
However, many users are still dissatisfied with the pricing scheme offered. Many wish to purchase a higher level of service but will not consider abandoning their current price plans in exchange for their upgraded ones.
Over all, RescueTime is an excellent time management application that is worth your hard earned money. If you're having trouble staying on top of your daily tasks, I recommend checking out the website and seeing if this is the right format for you to follow.