If you’re looking to boost your productivity, time tracking can be your secret weapon. Simply set up one of these time-tracking tools and start logging the hours you spend on tasks, from coding to planning and everything in between. Here are five great options that will make managing your workday a breeze.
Harvest is a great tool for time tracking, invoicing, and project management. It's simple to use and has a clean interface. Plus, it integrates with a number of other productivity tools, making it a great option for small businesses.
- Harvest is a web-based time tracking and invoicing application that offers comprehensive online project management tools.
- Harvest has flexible plans available to meet your individual needs, so you only pay for the features you use.
- Customize Harvest with add-ons and integrations that work for your business.
- With the Harvest Chrome extension, you can add time entries from Basecamp or Trello, or from any website.
- The Harvest Android app lets you track time and manage projects from anywhere.
- Harvest Pros is an easy-to-use time tracking tool.
- It's clear, it’s simple, it's beautiful.
- It makes time tracking so quick and painless that you'll actually use it, and that will lead to better estimates for future projects, client invoices your clients can trust, and team members who stay on budget.
- The web dashboard is the place where all of your data comes together.
- Use the dashboard to view the status of your current and past projects at a glance.
- Track time from anywhere using our iOS and Android apps — even offline.
- If you need to run Harvest from your desktop we have you covered there too with our Mac app.
Harvest Pros makes it easy to track your time.
- Set hourly rates for individual clients, projects, or tasks.
- Create as many team members and projects as you want.
- Unlimited invoices and billable expenses.
- Add tasks to your timesheets for a more detailed breakdown of your work.
- Customize invoice PDFs with your own logo and design.
- Optional approval workflow so you can get project hours approved before sending invoices.
- Export or print reports in CSV, XLS, and PDF formats.
Smartsheet is an online project management software with invoicing that offers a free trial. It has a user-friendly interface and is great for small businesses. The paid version starts at $10 per month.
It also comes with project timesheet software, project time tracking app, project time tracking tool, best project time tracking app, and a flexible system for storing data on each client or task.
Another great feature of this system is the ability to see all tasks assigned to you or other team members in one place.
- Smartsheet is a project tracking app that has the features you need to collaborate on, manage and track projects.
- Stay on top of the project details.
- Gain visibility into your project so you can track progress and status in real-time.
- See the big picture of your project, plan out next steps and delegate tasks efficiently.
- Engage your team and stakeholders with one tool that’s easy to use.
- Capture every detail so nothing gets lost in translation.
- Manage all your documents securely in one place.
- Easily analyze time spent on tasks and make strategic decisions about where your team should focus next.
Smartsheet can help you work more effectively as a team.
- No option to track billable hours
- No way to attach files
- Lacks a dedicated Android app
- Can get expensive for bigger teams
Toggl is a great tool for time tracking because it's so simple to use. Just start the timer when you start working on a task and stop it when you're done.
You can also add tags to your tasks so you can track how much time you're spending on different types of work. Plus, Toggl integrates with a bunch of other productivity tools, which makes it even more useful.
- Toggl is a great time tracker for teams of any size who want to work more accurately and efficiently.
- Toggl has a clean, user-friendly interface.
- You can access Toggl from your desktop, mobile or browser add-on in real time.
- You can track time while you work with the simple start / stop button.
- It has a geo-location feature which allows all users to see where their team members are when they clock in.
- It supports all the major platforms like Linux, Windows, Mac and Android and iOS.
- It helps you track billable hours and monitor project costs.
- It offers several integrations like Basecamp, Trello and Hubspot.
- You get an overview of all the tasks you have done each day in an intuitive dashboard that shows you how much time you spent on each task.
Toggl is a great tool for any business looking to get more out of their team.
- Not the Best Mobile App.
- No Built-In Invoicing.
- Restrictions to the Free Version.
- Can't Import Data From Other Time Trackers.
Timeneye is a great tool for time tracking because it's so user-friendly. All you have to do is start the timer when you begin working on a task and stop it when you're done.
Timeneye also allows you to add notes to each task, so you can keep track of what you did and how long it took you. And if you need to track time for billing purposes, Timeneye can generate invoices for you.
- Timeneye is a user-friendly time tracker.
- Timeneye is a simple way to enhance your time management and productivity.
- Timeneye will help you increase your billable hours.
- Timeneye is the solution for your billing needs, with powerful integration and easy to use features.
- You can easily track time from anywhere, even on the go.
- With Timeneye, it's easier than ever to track your billable hours.
- a lot of features.
- multiple functionalities in one app.
- easy to use.
- great integration with other apps.
- works offline on mobile devices.
- great support (help center, webinars, blog, FAQ).
Get more out of every minute and maximise your billable hours with Timeneye!
- No great solution for switching to a new PM tool.
- It doesn't integrate with Google Calendar.
- No Zapier integration.
5) Zoho Projects
Zoho Projects is a project management software that comes with a built-in time tracker. With Zoho Projects, you can create and manage projects, track time, generate invoices, and more.
The time tracker is easy to use and can be customized to fit your needs. Plus, the reports generated by Zoho Projects can help you identify areas where you can improve your productivity.
Zoho Projects Pros
- Zoho Projects offers both an easy-to-use and feature-rich user experience.
- Zoho Projects's Gantt charts are highly intuitive and one of the best in the market to help with scheduling.
- Section: Zoho Projects is also one of the best project management apps around thanks to its superb online support system, including quality online documentation, blogs and forums that offer free tips for small businesses.
- Zoho Projects is a very affordable and easy to use project management tool for small businesses that can work well for those who don't need advanced features or integrations into other applications.
- Zoho Projects has a simple, intuitive interface.
- The tool is mobile-friendly with handy apps for iOS and Android devices.
- A nifty app called “Zoho Scan” seamlessly integrates with the platform to manage paper-based documents.
- Pay only for what you use and scale up at any time if you need to - they allow you to add time tracker users on demand.
- Zoho Projects is an affordable choice for small businesses.
Zoho Projects is a good option if you are looking for an online project time tracker that can help keep your team accountable to deadlines.
Zoho Projects Cons
- No native mobile app.
- Some tasks and features are complicated to use.
- Lack of communication options for team members.
- Zoho Projects does not have a free plan, but it does offer a free trial. You can use the trial version for 30 days to see if it’s the right fit for you or your team.
There are tons of time-tracking tools out there on the market, but these five are our favorites. We think they give you the most bang for your buck and hope they will help you boost your productivity (and reduce your billable hours) while staying in control of your business with organization, ease.