Whether you’re managing the development of a product or managing the tasks you’ve been assigned to get your job done, chances are you’ll need project management software at some point in your business career.
There are tons of options out there, though, so how do you know which one is best? We’ve narrowed down the field to five fantastic project management software solutions that will help you take your business to the next level and keep it there. Read on to find out more about these top contenders, and why they made our list!
|Business Project Management Software|
Wrike is a Project Management Software for MAC designed to help you plan, manage, and track your company's projects. It's been used by companies of all sizes, from large enterprises to small businesses.
Wrike integrates with other popular tools such as Jira, Google Drive and Trello. This means you can get a better view of your entire workflow and see where each task fits in relation to the others.
You can also integrate Wrike with Google Sheets to create custom item types or workflows that you can share with other members of your team.
- Wrike is a flexible collaboration and project management software that scales across teams in any business.
- Because Wrike is so powerful and flexible, you may have trouble deciding if it's the right project management tool for you.
- The company was founded in 2003, and today has 1400 employees, more than 1.5 million users and has raised over $60 million in funding.
- Wrike started out as an online spreadsheet before branching off into project management software.
- It works well for a wide variety of business types.
- On the other hand, it's probably not the best tool if your projects are highly regulated, like if you're in healthcare or compliance-heavy financial services industries.
- You can use it to build your own custom applications by integrating with its API, too.
- It seems like they're always coming out with new features and enhancements, too, which helps make sure the tool stays up to date with modern project management needs.
- Wrike is a project management software with a fast and secure file sharing for its users.
- Section: It is so user-friendly that both experts and beginners can use it.
- All projects will be completed on time if you are using this program.
- This program can be used both on mac devices and windows devices.
- It allows real-time collaboration and tracking.
- It is one of the best online project management tools.
- It is impossible to track the approval of a task.
- It lacks in enterprise resource planning.
- Fail to integrate with major apps such as Slack and Google docs.
- The email function of Wrike is limited to unique alternatives.
Trello is a project management tool that uses Kanban-style boards to help you visualize your projects and better collaborate with your team.
It's simple and easy to use, making it a great choice for small businesses or those just getting started with project management. Plus, there's a free version available.
- Trello is the most visual way to manage collaborative work online. You can get organized in no time at all with its simple interface, which works on practically any device, including your computer, tablet, and phone.
- People love Trello boards because their natural-feeling kanban approach makes it easy to organize everything from your personal life to large projects for teams of people. Each board you create represents a different area.
- For example, you might have a board for a project you're working on at work, another for an upcoming conference you're planning with friends and another for your family's weekly menu plan.
- Each board has one or more cards that represent tasks to complete. You can use them however you like to divide up work. For example, you might break down the tasks for the project you're working on into subtasks (think "paint the walls" and "hang pictures," rather than "decorate"), or use cards to represent individual items on your grocery list (like "apples" or "yogurt").
- Cards can be personalized by adding comments, attachments and checklist items as well as due dates and labels so they're seen by everyone who's working on them.......
Trello has many features to help organize your tasks and life!
- Trello is not available offline and it doesn't have a native mobile app (only a web version).
- Trello can only have 10 attachments or images per card.
- Trello only allows 10MB per attachment or image.
- Trello can only create 1 checklist with 100 items per card.
- Trello has no built-in task management features like progress tracking, dependencies and timelines.
- Trello doesn't have email reminders for assigned tasks.
- Trello project boards are limited to one level of hierarchy.
You can't schedule posts in advance or create recurring events or deadlines in Trello.
- Looking for a project management tool that will help you get ahead in business? Look no further than Podio.
- Podio is a great tool for small businesses or teams because it is affordable and easy to use.
- Podio comes with a variety of features that make project management simple and efficient, such as task lists, file sharing, and collaboration tools.
- Podio is a cloud-based project management and collaboration platform.
- It provides your team with a set of tools to help them collaborate more efficiently and get more done.
- It has an easy to use drag and drop interface that lets you create custom apps for managing any kind of work.
- Get to know our people and read real stories about the amazing moments that happen everyday.
- Podio is the online work platform. Customize it for any need, and put your company’s work at everyone’s fingertips.
- With Podio you can get your projects organized with simple apps to manage tasks, comments, files and more.
- From task management to employee surveys, find out how other companies are using Podio to get work done faster.
- Have some fun with your team using these gaming apps on Podio!
Podio is a great cloud-based project management tool.
- Podio does not have that many integrations.
- Podio does not have that many features.
- Podio doesn't support 2 factor authentication and has weak security.
- Podio is not great on a mobile device.
Asana is a business project management software that helps you track your progress and manage tasks efficiently.
With its help, you can create to-do lists, set deadlines, and assign tasks to team members. Asana also allows you to monitor your team's progress and get real-time updates on your projects. Plus, its integrations with other productivity tools make it even more powerful.
- Asana is arguably the most popular project management tool available to businesses today.
- Unlike other project management tools, Asana focuses on speed and simplicity.
- Asana has three different pricing tiers.
- The free version of the app includes the core features, but not all of them.
- Asana can also be used for non-work related projects as well as team projects.
- A major downside to Asana is that it lacks reporting and analytics features.
- One thing to note about Asana is that it does not have a time tracking feature built into the software.
- Asana is easy to use.
- Asana is free for teams of up to 15 people.
- There’s a way to view all your projects in one place.
- You can keep tasks organized in “sections”, so your team can visually see their responsibilities and it helps with prioritization.
- Asana has excellent integrations with other tools like Dropbox, Google Drive, GitHub etc.
- It makes it easy for you to have conversations without having to meet in person or chat over email.
- You can set your own preferences too, so you’re alerted on what’s most important to you, and those alerts are there when you log on the next day.
- You can see how long the task should take, which gives all parties an idea of how much work is involved.
Asana is very popular project management software, but you may want to try out other options before making a commitment.
- Can make users feel overwhelmed.
- Can be difficult to use at first.
- Team members may not want to use it.
- May be more expensive than competitive options.
- Not as good at budgeting projects as other programs.
- Doesn't offer as many features as other programs.
Any.do is a great business project management software that can help you keep track of your projects and tasks. It's easy to use and has a great interface. Plus, it integrates with other productivity apps so you can keep all your work in one place.
- Any.do is a great productivity tool with an easy-to-use interface.
- The free version allows you to create tasks and share them with other users, so it is great for collaboration.
- You can add attachments like images, files and links to your tasks using the premium version.
- Any.do has the My Day feature that helps you focus on the most important tasks of the day by selecting them at the beginning of each day.
- Any.do looks very modern and beautiful.
- One thing I don't like about Any.do is that it doesn't allow you to change the start date of a recurring task, which means if I create a new recurring task late in the month, I have to wait a whole month until it shows up again on my calendar.
- It offers integrations with Google Calendar, Alexa and Slack, so it's easy to use with other tools we already use (Google Calendar is huge for us).
- We've tried several other project management tools but this one works best for our needs, especially considering cost (or lack thereof).
- Any.do is a multi-platform option.
- Any.do lets you use emoji's in your tasks.
- Any.do has a location feature.
- Any.do offers integration with other apps, like Google Calendar and Evernote.
- Any.do is available on both Android and iOS devices.
- No reminder snoozing feature.
- Incomplete native apps.
- You can't prioritize tasks or set due times.
- With a free account, you're limited to one list and sharing capabilities.
When choosing which project management software is best for you, carefully consider your needs and determine how the software will fit into how you run your business. It's also important to remember that while a project management tool might not be perfect, it can be easily customized to suit your own personal workflow.