Trello is a popular project management tool designed to help you organize anything with anyone. It can be used for team & personal tasks and for many types of projects.
Most Trello users love it because of its simplicity, ease-of-use and free-of-charge plan. Trello's Key Features:
|Trello.com - Trello Official Website - Always in Sync|
Trello: Manage Your Team's Projects From Anywhere
What is Trello?
Trello is a project management tool that helps you organize your projects. It's simple and easy to use, so you can get started right away.
You can use Trello to manage anything from a simple project to an entire company. Here are some examples of how people use Trello:
- Trello is a product from Atlassian that provides PM solutions for individuals to small organizations.
- Trello is a project management tool available for free and can be used by the team to manage their work.
- Trello has a unique and interesting concept of managing the entire process through cards depicting tasks, files, messages etc.
- The system provides boards, lists and cards to help projects get organized and broken down into more manageable parts.
- The beauty of Trello is that it provides different view options like list view or card view which helps in visualizing things better.
- The real time feature allows teams to be up to date with what is going on in the project even when they are miles apart.
Trello is an app that helps you and your team keep track of what work you do together.
Why Use Trello?
- Trello is a visual tool for organizing your work and life.
- With Trello, you can create boards to organize anything you’re working on.
- Trello’s boards, lists, and cards enable you to organize and prioritize your projects in a fun, flexible, and rewarding way.
- It is a web-based Kanban project management application.
- You can use it for simple task management to complex agile/scrum projects for software development.
- From personal tasks to work initiatives, Trello is there to keep work organized, maximize productivity, and boost overall accountability.
- Trello’s boards, lists and cards enable you to organize and prioritize your projects in a fun, flexible and rewarding way.
- Like a whiteboard filled with sticky notes, but much better! Trello is a visual way of organizing things that need to get done.
Trello is a simple visual project management tool that will help you get organized and be more productive.
Some other reasons to use Trello
- Create boards for anything you’re working on.
- Add lists to your boards to set up stages for your work.
- Add cards to your lists to represent tasks, ideas, or anything that needs to be done.
- Assign yourself or others to cards and start working together.
- Work with your team using checklist items, due dates, attachments and more.
- Use labels to help you easily organize and color code your cards by category.
- Use power-ups to turn your board into a powerful productivity machine.
- Trello builds on a basic idea of boards, columns and cards.
- The free version of Trello gives you unlimited boards to work with. You can have as many lists and cards as you like. You can upload files up to 10MB in size, or you can use the tool’s integrations with cloud-based storage platforms like Dropbox, Box and Google Drive. You get one Power-Up per board, and a maximum of 10 team boards.
- Trello also offers a Business Class plan for $9.99 per user per month billed annually (or $119 annually for an individual account), which includes added functionality such as advanced admin controls, enhanced security controls, and more powerful automation, search and filtering tools.
Trello is great for all teams because it is simple to understand, yet powerful enough to accomplish everything you need it to do.
How to Get Started with Trello
Trello is a free, easy-to-use project management and collaboration tool that makes it easy to organize anything, from big projects to small daily tasks.
Trello users can create multiple lists, assign tasks to users, add notes and files, and comment on cards.
Each card can be customized with checklists, labels, color coding and description. Trello also has a mobile app that allows you to access your boards wherever you go.
Trello works great for personal task management, as well as project management in teams or organizations.
Here are some tips and tricks for making the most of Trello as a small business owner:
- Set up a board for each project. This will help you keep track of all the different aspects of your project, and make it easier to see what needs to be done next.
- Add cards for each task or action item that needs to be done. You can move cards from one list to another as the project progresses or when tasks change.
- Use labels. (like "To Do" or "In Progress") on cards so that you can filter by them when looking at all your cards across different boards at once.
If you're interested in learning more about how to use Trello effectively for your business or organization, this article will help get you started by showing you some tips and tricks for getting the most out of this powerful tool!
How to Create Your First Board in Trello
- Start out by creating a board for a personal project that you want to see through or a team project that doesn't already have one.
- Add a new list to your board by clicking the "Add another list" at the bottom of your board.
- You can also add cards to your list by clicking "Add Card" at the bottom of each list.
- You can create a new card by clicking on the "Add card" button at the bottom of the list, then giving it a title and adding a description or comments.
- Use multiple boards to keep track of different parts of your life.
- Trello has apps for iOS, Android, Mac, and Windows, so you can use it wherever you are.
- The most common way to organize information in Trello is with lists and cards but you can also add due dates, labels and checklists to cards, as well as attachments like photos and videos.
Trello is a great tool for keeping track of projects and tasks!
How to Add Cards to a Board in Trello
First, go to the board where you want to add the card. Click on the "Create Card" button at the top of the left-hand menu.
You'll see a blank card appear in the middle of your screen. Now is a good time to change that text into something more useful! In this case, let's call this new card "Write Tutorial."
Next, click on the three dots next to your title and select "Set Due Date." This will automatically set your due date for one week from today.
Now all that's left is to fill out your description! You can do this by clicking on "Description" in the dropdown menu above your "Title" label (or just typing it directly into the box).
To add attachments or links, just click on those options:
- Log into Trello.
- Click + in the top right corner.
- Click New Card in the window that appears.
- Enter a title for your card and add optional information like a description, a member or label to the card.
- Click Add to choose a board for the list (or Create Board to make a new one).
- Select a list from the dropdown menu that appears, then click Create Card (or Create List and Create Card if you're also creating a new list).
- Add cards from Trello's home screen by clicking + in the top-right corner of the window, then click Add Card.
We do not need to be tech gurus to use Trello!
How to Add Members and Assign Tasks in Trello
Adding members to a Trello board is simple. You can do it with one simple click.
You can add members by clicking on the Add Member button at the top right of your board. If you don't see the button, make sure you're using the web version of Trello and not an app or mobile site.
If you want to add more than one member at once, hold down Shift while clicking on each person's name in your list of collaborators.
Your collaborator will get an email with instructions on how to join your board. They'll need to accept the invitation before they're added as a member.
The first time your collaborator logs in, they'll be asked if they'd like to accept the invitation. If they accept, then they'll be added immediately as a member of your board (and all lists within it).
If they decline, however, then they won't be automatically added as a member—they'll have to manually accept their invitation from inside Trello before being added as a member.
How to Complete Tasks and Move Cards in Trello
This video will show you how to move cards in Trello. From Amit Arora's YouTube channel
How to move cards on a Trello Board.
How to Use Power-Ups for Extra Functionality in Trello
If you're new to Trello, you might be wondering how to use power-ups. They give you the ability to add extra functionality to your boards, like templates and integrations.
- Power-up developer: This is the developer who created the power-up. In most cases, this will be Atlassian—the company that makes Trello.
- Best trello power-ups: These are the best power-ups for Trello as determined by third parties, such as websites like Product Hunt or Reddit.
- Trello templates: Templates allow you to create a board from scratch by selecting from a dropdown menu of pre-set options (for example, "Growth Marketing"). They're useful if you want to create a board with different types of cards in it but don't know where to start!
- Free trello power-ups: Free power-ups are exactly what they sound like: They're free! If money's tight and all you need is something simple like adding an image or video attachment to your card, then these are the ones for you!
- Best free power-ups for trello: These are the best free power-ups for Trello as determined by third parties, such as websites like Product.
To understand the topic better, watch the following video from Orah Apps
At its core, Trello is an online and mobile application that allows users to organize their lives. How people do this can vary greatly, but the core functionality remains the same.
By breaking down any given project into boards, lists, and cards. It becomes much easier for users to focus on the task at hand. Because you can use this knowledge to help focus on your own projects.
And even find a way to make things more interesting for yourself. If you're interested in learning more about this program, you should check out our guide on how to use Trello.
You'll learn what makes it unique and easy to use, as well as how you can start getting maximum value out of it right away.