The below Apple based project management software have some great features while still remaining affordable.
Projects (especially the big ones) can be overwhelming, but having a tool to help you track, monitor and manage your tasks can really do justice.
Some of these Mac based project management software teams use even offer online project management tools, with full Gantt chart capabilities.
Looking for the best Apple Project management software?
Here are the top 10 apple project management software to help you manage your projects like a pro.
|the top 10 apple project management software|
What is the best Apple Project Management Software?
You've heard of Apple's project management software, but did you know there are other programs out there that are just as great?
If you want a simple and easy-to-use project management software and don't want to spend any money, then OmniPlan is the way to go. It's a free app that you can download on your Mac or iOS device.
If you're looking for something that's more complex, Merlin Project is also free and offers a number of features including task management, time tracking, reporting, calendars, and resource allocation.
Merlin Project also works with other applications like MS Project in case you need to collaborate with another company or organization.
Other popular options include Wrike and Trello which both offer premium services as well as free versions for personal use.
1. OmniPlan 4 - Project Management Software For Professionals
If you're looking for the best project management software, look no further than Omniplan.
Omniplan 4 is a project management tool that helps you stay on top of your projects and get them done. The app is designed to work with the Mac operating system, so it's easy to use and has all of the features you need.
The program has been around since 2009, when it was first launched as Omniplan 3. It's now been upgraded to version 4—but even though there have been some changes, the overall look and feel of this program hasn't changed much since then.
If you're looking for a project management tool that works with Mac OS X 10.10 or newer (or with the latest iOS version), then Omniplan could be a good option for you—especially if you're already familiar with other Apple products like Final Cut Pro X or Logic Pro X because those programs use similar interface elements such as icons and menus.
- OmniPlan Is Now a 64-Bit Application.
- Run Multiple Projects at Once.
- Track Project Changes with Versions.
- Preview Resources in the Resource View.
- Manage Project Roles and Responsibilities.
- Focus on Tasks, Resources, or Reports.
- Filtering Projects in the Timeline View.
- Sort by Duration and Work in the Summary View.
- Consolidate Projects in a Single Project File.
- Export to Microsoft Project, PDF, and More.
OmniPlan is not just for project managers, but also for anyone who wants to keep track of all their deadlines and commitments in one place.#
- OmniPlan is an app that is built to help you plan your project.
- It offers a great way to organize your ideas, and even offers a schedule of events to help you get everything in order.
- No matter what type of project you are planning, OmniPlan allows you to keep all of the details in one place.
- This includes the people who will be on the team, the resources needed, and all of the tasks that need to be done.
- OmniPlan provides a visual timeline so you can see exactly where everything falls.
- This helps you to set deadlines and goals for each phase of the project.
- You can also share details about each task with anyone on your team.
- OmniPlan will help you manage the entire team for your project.
- You can even assign different materials to individuals so there is no confusion about who should have access to what resource.
- If there are any problems with your project, you can use OmniPlan’s tool to resolve issues before they become too large.
- This can help save time and money later on down the line if something does go wrong.
- OmniPlan has a steep learning curve.
- Maintaining the schedule is a full-time job.
- It's not the best project management solution for small businesses or teams.
- The software is geared towards planning, but not the execution of projects.
- OmniPlan doesn't integrate easily with other services or software, making collaboration a challenge.
- The Gantt chart tool is not automated, so it takes extra work to keep it up-to-date and accurate.
2. Teamwork Project Management - Project Management Software
Teamwork Project Management is a project management software that helps you collaborate, organize and manage your projects. It helps you get work done by sharing files, assigning tasks, creating reports and more.
Teamwork project management is used by more than 100k organizations worldwide. It has advanced features like Gantt charts, time tracking, task boards and many others.
The software is available in two plans: starter and premium. The starter plan has all the basic features while the premium plan offers advanced features such as advanced reporting options, project templates etc.
You can try Teamwork Project Management for free for 30 days before you decide whether to buy it or not!
Teamwork Project Review
- Teamwork is a project management tool that enables collaboration between team members.
- Teamwork can be used for all kinds of teams, for example, the marketing team at Apple.
- Teamwork allows you to set up individual tasks, define deadlines and track progress.
- When integrating third party apps with Teamwork, you can check out the 500+ apps available in the Marketplace.
- With Teamwork's Project Management Software, you can manage different projects with ease and also save your files on their cloud storage system.
This post will teach you everything you need to know about teamwork project management software.
Teamwork Project Pros
- Teamwork is for people who want to stick with a free plan.
- Teamwork has a free tier, but not all features are available.
- Teamwork's free tier limits teams to two projects.
- Teamwork is a good choice for small companies.
- Companies will find it easy to use, thanks to its intuitive design and helpful customer support.
- Teamwork offers different pricing levels based on the type of service, including a free plan for those who only need basic project management tools.
- The software is among the best at organizing tasks and documents, and time tracking and reporting features are much better than most competitors'.
- The user interface looks outdated and as if it belongs on a Windows machine, not a Mac.
Free project management is great for those without the need for robust collaboration features..
Teamwork Project Cons
- Collaboration can be enhanced, but it’s a thin line between improved collaboration and information overload.
- IT resources can be expensive to maintain.
- Technical limitations on data sharing.
- Users must put in time to learn new technology.
3. ProjectManager: Project & Work Management Software
ProjectManager is the best apple project management software for managing projects and work on Mac.
You can manage your team on the go with the ProjectManager app, or you can use our web-based project management software to access your tasks from any device.
With ProjectManager, you'll have all of your projects and tasks organized in one place so that you can see what needs to be done, who's working on it, and when it's due.
We help you keep track of everything so that you can focus on getting things done instead of worrying about where everything is!
- ProjectManager is a cloud-based project management app that gives you the power to keep all of your projects on track.
- A full-featured suite of project management tools that includes task management, time tracking, team collaboration, file sharing and more.
- ProjectManager’s mobile apps are an extension of the desktop software.
- With ProjectManager's reporting tools, you can find out how your projects and teams are performing at every step.
- ProjecManager's free trial is for 30 days and does not require a credit card.
- The ProjectManager app comes with a lot of great features such as Gantt charts, calendars, resource management and more.
- Step 1: Use the filter option to narrow your search for feature comparison between these products and others.
- ProjectManager was first released in 2012 by Brad Egeland in Dallas Texas.
- You can contact projectmanager by calling or sending email to their support team.
- Supported platforms are iOS, Android, Windows, Mac OS X, Linux and Web-based (access via web browser).
- Mobile apps
- Collaborative features
- Gantt charts
- Dashboard and reporting
- Resource management
- Time sheets
- Project templates
- Task time tracking
- Team management tools
You can manage your projects on the go with ProjectManager.com
- The software is not mobile friendly.
- The mobile version is not ideal for managing tasks.
- If you have multiple users, you will have to pay more money.
- ProjectManager has no free version.
- They count each user as a project manager, even if that's not their role.
- It's difficult to integrate with other tools.
- ProjectManager costs on the higher end of the spectrum compared to similar project management tools.
4. Basecamp 2 OR 3 - project management software
Basecamp 2 is a project management tool that helps you collaborate with your team, assign tasks, keep track of deadlines and milestones, and easily share information.
Basecamp 2 is now available on the Mac App Store.
In this article, we'll walk you through setting up Basecamp 2 so that you can start using it right away.
First things first: You'll need to install Basecamp 2 on your Mac computer. If you've already downloaded Basecamp 3, don't worry—you don't need to remove it before installing Basecamp 2. Just keep reading!
Once you've installed Basecamp 2, open the app and follow the prompts to create an account or sign in with an existing one.
Once you're signed in, click on "Projects" in the menu bar at the top left corner of your screen.
This will open a drop-down menu where you can choose which project to work on. You can also create new projects from this menu if needed!
- Basecamp is a project management software that is used to keep team members on the same page and organized.
- A few of its pros are that it has a great user interface, it comes with a free trial, and is pretty simple to use.
- It does not have native integration with Google Drive, its mobile app is not as robust as the web version of the app, and there are no activity reports.
- Some alternatives to Basecamp include Asana, ProofHub, Wrike, Trello and Nutcache.
- Basecamp works on a subscription-based pricing model with two pricing plans to choose from.
- For individuals who need light project management features and teams that need task management features, you can use their Basecamp Personal plan for $99/year.
- But for larger teams that need more features like scheduling features for planning projects as well as team collaboration tools, you can use their Basecamp Business plan for $3000/year.
If you would like know more about what Basecamp offers or get started with a free trial please visit their website!
- Basecamp has a clean and simple user interface.
- Basecamp has great integration with to-do lists, messaging, scheduling and note taking features.
- Basecamp offers a free version for small teams that's fairly functional.
- Basecamp is available on IOS and android and some of the features are supported on these devices.
- The project dashboard is clear and well organized.
- The user documentation for Basecamp is thorough, easy to find and very helpful.
- Basecamp has a search function.
Basecamp offers the ability to keep your team on the same page with simple tools.
- Basecamp doesn't have a free trial.
- Basecamp doesn't have time tracking.
- Basecamp doesn't allow third-party integrations.
- Basecamp can get expensive for large teams.
5. Todoist - #1 To-Do List & Task Manager
Todoist is a simple and effective project management tool that can help you organize your tasks, projects, and to-do lists.
Todoist is a free task management app that can be used on any device—whether it's a computer, mobile phone, or tablet. It uses an intuitive approach to task scheduling and organization that makes it easy for you to see what needs to be done at any given time.
The program works by allowing users to create various projects that contain tasks or subtasks. These projects can then be assigned deadlines, reminders (for both yourself and others), and priority levels.
Once you've created these projects and added tasks to them, Todoist will automatically schedule them according to their deadline date—or you can manually adjust their timing if needed.
- Todoist is a cloud-based to-do list and task management app that supports more than 30 platforms, including iOS, macOS, Android, Windows and web-based versions.
- Todoist has a free version as well as three paid premium versions.
- Free version gives 15 active projects and no subprojects. No labels or filtering tasks. No attaching files.
- Premium version features unlimited projects and subprojects, 5 people per project, comments on tasks, file attachments of up to 200MB each, productivity trends and read-only access for collaborators.
- Business version features 50 people per project and task management integrations with Slack and Google Drive. Full API access is also available in this version.
Todoist has robust support system with many different add ons but it is not the best value since it is not the cheapest option
- Todoist is a cloud-based task management solution that assists users with the organization of personal and professional tasks.
- Todoist allows for an unlimited number of users, projects, and tasks.
- Todoist helps me manage my day and coordinate with my team in a very simple way.
- The simplicity of the UI/UX design is one of Todoist's most compelling features.
- Every task has a due date, which can be modified on the go or when you add one.
- With its iOS app, you can create recurring tasks, add comments to your assigned tasks, view all your completed tasks and get updates on your progress.
- The Android app is free and comes with most of the features of its iOS counterpart.
- It works in every platform I use — Macbook Pro, iPhone & iPad (iOS), Windows (Linux Mint).
If you need a simple project management tool that supports many platforms, consider Todoist.
- Todoist is terrible at handling dependencies and prerequisites.
- The platform does not have a native calendar view.
- You can't get a simple list like you see in Wunderlist.
- Can't share reminders about tasks and projects with other team members. You can't add alerts, and there's no built-in calendar feature that allows you to check your availability when scheduling a task.
- Projects can't be hidden from the main view.
- No Gantt chart functionality.
- The mobile app doesn't allow users to edit task times. Users are encouraged to use their computers in order to do this.
6. Wrike Project Management
If you're looking for a tool that will help you manage your projects and tasks, Wrike is the right choice.
Wrike is an online project management software that helps teams collaborate and achieve their goals.
With Wrike, you can easily organize your projects and tasks, share files with your team members, assign tasks to individual members or groups of people, track progress, set due dates and milestones, etc.
With Wrike, you can also create custom workflows for different types of projects (for example: marketing campaign), which may contain different stages (for example: plan & design).
- Wrike is a work management platform for teams, which features tools for time tracking, delegation, and collaboration.
- All plans have a free trial period to test the features of Wrike's process management software.
- The table below shows the full list of Wrike’s pricing plans and the features that are listed next to each plan.
- Wrike offers a 14-day free trial of all their plans.
- There is no cancellation fee, but you may always drop a line to firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to ask questions before canceling your subscription.
- You can find more information in this article.
Wrike offers an impressive array of features at a fair price point where almost any organization will be able to find what they need.
- Wrike is cloud-based software.
- You can collaborate with anyone on the same project in real-time.
- Notifications alert you when changes or updates are made to tasks, so you won't miss a thing!
- Wrike is available everywhere. Get work done whether you're at home or on the go.
- The interface is very clean and user-friendly. Quickly generate reports with just a few clicks.
- Streamline your workflow with Wrike's pre-built templates for products, marketing campaigns, and more!
- No matter what industry you're in, Wrike can help you get organized and boost productivity!
Wrike is a great tool for keeping organized and on track for any task or project.
- Wrike's interface is pretty outdated.
- You can use the freemium plan, but only for five people.
- Unless you're a paying user, you can't create or edit boards.
- You have to pay for the mobile app.
7. TeamGantt - Plan & Deliver Work On Time
You don't need to be a project manager to use TeamGantt—you just need a desire to get more done.
TeamGantt is a simple and easy-to-use app that helps you plan and deliver work on time. With this app, you can create Gantt charts, manage tasks, and collaborate with your team.
You can even use TeamGantt as a task management tool in the cloud by connecting it to your favorite cloud storage services like Dropbox or Google Drive.
TeamGantt's pricing plans start at $9/user/month for unlimited users and projects.
If you're interested in trying TeamGantt for free, there's no better time than now!
- TeamGantt is an online project management and team scheduling software.
- For the purpose of this article, we will be focusing on the paid version of TeamGantt.
- TeamGantt can be utilized by both individuals and teams.
- When it comes to project management, we don't see too much difference between the paid and free plan at first glance.
- You can utilize TeamGantt's paid account for $9.95/month if you are paying annually ($119.40 for one year).
- However, you have the choice to sign up monthly for $15/month if that is better for your budget.
- This makes it easy for you to go month-to-month if need be.
- Additionally, when you have a smaller team (meaning only a few people are using TeamGantt), this price is fairly reasonable compared to similar programs in the industry.
- With all these choices, it can get quite confusing when trying to figure out what type of report would work best in your situation.
- TeamGantt is easy.
- TeamGantt has great mobile apps.
- The price is right.
- You can see everything in one place, including tasks and deadlines, who’s on vacation, who’s over-allocated.
- TeamGantt has free integrations with tools you already use, like Wrike and Trello.
See why so many project managers love using TeamGantt!
- You can’t use it for free.
- Doesn’t auto-assign team members to tasks.
- It doesn’t have a good notification system.
- Not good for larger teams.
8. Zoho Projects - Project Collaboration Software
Zoho Projects is project collaboration software that helps you manage projects and teams.
Zoho Projects offers an intuitive dashboard and a drag-and-drop interface to make it easy to create tasks, assign them to team members, and track progress.
You can also add files and documents to your tasks, so you can easily share the right information with your team members.
Zoho Projects provides an enterprise-grade solution that works on any device—whether you're using Windows desktop or Mac OS X, Android or iOS smartphone or tablet.
Zoho Projects is available in 3 plans: Free, Standard, Premium.
The free plan includes unlimited users. 250MB storage per user.
10GB storage for shared documents and folders; the standard plan includes unlimited users, 1GB storage per user, 20GB storage for shared documents and folders; the premium plan includes unlimited users, 2GB storage per user, 30GB storage for shared documents and folders.
Zoho Projects Review
- Zoho Projects is a project management tool that comes with time tracking, bug tracking, collaboration and task management.
- Zoho Projects offers a 15 day trial on the Free plan and a 1 month trial on the paid plans.
- Features include online timesheets, Gantt charts, issues and bug tracking, project templates as well as portfolio management.
- A free trial of Zoho Projects is available for download and the pricing starts at $25/month when billed annually.
- Zoho People is an HR portal that helps you keep track of your employees. It is available as a standalone product or can be purchased along with Zoho Projects at a discounted rate.
- Zoho CRM is customer relationship management software that comes with sales forecasting, email integration and workflow automation features. It is available as a standalone product or can be purchased along with Zoho Projects at a discounted rate.
- In this article I will discuss the pros and cons of using Zoho Projects management software and how it compares to Asana.
- In this article I will discuss the pros and cons of using Zoho Projects project management software and how it compares to Asana.
Zoho Projects Pros
- Easy to use.
- Start up plan is free and includes 5 projects, unlimited tasks and a sub-domain.
- Infinitely customizable and can be adapted to fit your needs.
- Training available through Zoho if necessary.
- Can be integrated with a variety of other Zoho softwares (CRM, Mail, etc.)
- Bugs get resolved quickly due to the responsiveness of customer service.
Zoho Projects is a great program for project management especially for start ups.
Zoho Projects Cons
- No free plan.
- Mobile apps could use some improvement.
- It takes some time to set it up and learn how to use it. It's not a tool you can pick up in a few minutes.
- The user interface is not as intuitive as it could be, so users have to do some additional training.
9. Asana - Manage your team's work, projects, & tasks online
Asana is a tool for managing your team’s work, projects, and tasks online. It helps you get organized and stay on track so you can focus on the most important things.
Asana is a flexible system for organizing any kind of work, from software development to marketing campaigns to writing a book. You can use Asana to manage all of your projects and tasks in one place.
It's easy to share files with teammates, set due dates for tasks, assign them to different people and get notifications when they're done. It also integrates with hundreds of other apps so you can do everything from booking flights to tracking the progress of shipments in real time.
Asana is available as a mobile app on iOS and Android devices (and the web), so you can use it wherever you are!
- Asana is a project management application which helps in assigning tasks and following up on them.
- It is user friendly and easy to use due to a well designed UI.
- It has multiple integrations with other applications like slack, google calendar etc. which help in getting timely updates about the tasks assigned.
- The most important feature of this tool is the dashboard used for keeping track of all the tasks and projects assigned to individuals or teams.
Asana is a good tool for project management which can be easily used by both technical or non-technical people.
- Asana is a task manager, project management tool and more in one.
- You can use different methods to manage tasks in your organization.
- Asana has multiple views so you can work best with the information you have.
- You have to have an account to use Asana but it is free up to 15 members.
- If you want more tools and customization, you can get those with paid accounts.
- It is easy to customize the view of projects and tasks on the platform.
- You can see who is doing which task or who is responsible for each part of a project.
- There are different ways to make sure you don't miss important dates or deadlines.
There are good features for anyone looking for an easy way to manage projects big or small
- No offline support available
- Limited reporting
- Paid version is a bit pricey
- Takes some time to get used to
10. Trello.com - Trello Official Website - Productivity Works Here
Trello is a simple, flexible and free project management tool that makes it easy to organize and prioritize your projects.
And because Trello is web-based and accessible from any device, you can work on the go.
Start organizing anything in Trello: Projects, tasks, ideas, contacts and more. Add boards for each one of those things, then start adding lists to organize topics within each board. Use cards to track individual tasks or simply write notes about what you're working on.
Once you're set up and ready to go, use labels to add color-coded labels and assignees so you know who's working on what at all times.
You can assign emails as reminders so they'll show up in your inbox when they're due!
- Trello is a great project management software for apple products.
- It is user friendly and easy to use.
- Trello offers lots of templates that you can use as you get started.
- Trello has a great user experience and there are different ways to organise your cards.
- Trello offers lots of integrations to work with other software like slack, google drive, dropbox, etc.
- You can export boards from trello into a csv file.
Trello is a great project management software for apple products and I recommend it for anyone who owns apple hardware.
- It's compatible with many different software platforms.
- It syncs to your various devices instantly.
- It's easy to learn.
- You can customize it to fit your specific needs by applying different themes and uploading unique backgrounds.
- You can email cards directly from the boards.
- You can share files from other programs, like Google Drive or Dropbox, on a card.
With its many features and customization options, Trello is a great choice for project management.
- Trello isn't for everyone.
- You have to make your own workflow.
- It's very "feature poor" compared to some other options.
- Trello is good at giving you an overview of your entire project — but not the details.
- Trello isn't built for reporting.
- It doesn't support file storage natively.
- It doesn't offer any way to track time spent on projects or tasks.
The choice of best Apple project management software remains a task of great complexity.
We understand how important it is to find an ideal tool on the market. To help users find their favorites in the app library,
we have prepared a list of the top 10 most relevant solutions. It goes without saying that these apps are fully compatible with the specific requirements and needs of macOS system users.